Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recent outing to wonderful West Virginia

I like country road outings!  ...roads that wind, and twist about,...and I especially like to travel on mountain roads.  Recently, Daryl and I enjoyed such an outing to Black Water Falls, and Seneca Rocks in West Virginia.

A close up view of the black foamy water...



 
Getting to the falls from the parking lot was quite easy...venturing off the trail  strongly discouraged...
 
 
I also enjoyed viewing the Joe-Pye-Weed  in bloom at the time of our outing...
...if only I had a damp meadow to enjoy this butterfly magnet at home.



Our stop at Seneca Rocks...

No rock climbing on the day of our outing...but then it was a damp, off and on light rain kind of day... :)

The river at Seneca Rocks...
All in all it was a fun, but short outing.


 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I have many good memories of Blackwater Falls. Once upon a time the boardwalk with fence was not there allowing for more adventuring.

    ReplyDelete